MadeByPi are looking for an ambitious Mid-Level Web Developer with clear potential to join our development team in Leeds. Working as part of our small, but expanding development team, you will have the opportunity to work across a range of projects for some of the huge global brands on our impressive client list.
As an integral part of our development team, you’ll be comfortable producing high quality web applications, anything from simple single page websites through to massive enterprise level web applications. You will be reporting directly to our Technical Team Leads, and working closely with our Design/UX, Front-end, QA and Project Management teams to produce efficient and maintainable code. You’ll be given just the right balance of free reign and supervision to really excel in the role. With a strong analytical mind, you should have a keen eye for detail, be a pro-active team player, be ambitious and have a passion for all things digital, with a hunger to continually improve.
We are a pretty social team, so we aren’t necessarily looking for a run of the mill developer who quietly sits and churns out code, day in day out. What we really need is a passionate individual who is able to adapt to, and input into, our current workflows and best practices – someone who can contribute to technical discussions and bring fresh ideas to the table.
Whilst you’ll be encouraged to expand and improve your skill set at MadeByPi, essential technical skills and experience needed for this role include:
- A solid understanding of Object oriented PHP
- Relevant Degree level qualification
- An understanding and appreciation of frontend technologies (HTML5/CSS3/SCSS/Grunt etc)
- The ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- The ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and easy to understand way
- Ability to estimate timescales for technical deliverables
- Ability to assist in the production & delivery of technical specification documents
Although not strictly essential to the role, if you possess any of the following criteria, it would give you a distinct advantage:
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with Symfony2/Drupal/Wordpress
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Chef
- Experience with Phonegap
- Experience configuring and maintaining *nix webservers (Apache/NGINX)
- The ability to identify and address performance bottlenecks
Salary will be based on experience. No agencies please.