MadeByPi is a multi-award winning digital design and build agency. Our clients include Britvic, Willmott Dixon, HSBC, First Direct and Halfords, amongst many others. The agency vibe is fast-paced, dynamic, fun and friendly. We are professional with very high standards. We are on the lookout for rare people – confident, knowledgeable, assured and committed, with a digital background in a similar role. We can give you a progressive, creative environment in which you can shine.
MadeByPi are looking for an experienced developer to join our Leeds based team to work as part of our small, but expanding development studio. You will have the opportunity to work across a range of projects for some great brands and clients.
As an integral part of our development team, you’ll be comfortable producing and maintaining high quality web applications, from simple single page websites through to enterprise level applications. You will be reporting directly to our Technical Team Lead, and working closely with our Design/UX, Front-end, QA and Project Management teams to produce efficient and maintainable code.
You’ll be given just the right balance of free reign and supervision to really excel in the role. With a strong analytical mind, you should have a keen eye for detail, be a pro-active team player, be ambitious and have a passion for all things digital, with a hunger to continually improve.
We are a pretty social team, so we aren’t necessarily looking for a run of the mill developer who quietly sits and churns out code day in day out. What we really need is a passionate individual who is able to adapt to, and input into, our current workflows and best practices – someone who can contribute to technical discussions and bring fresh ideas to the table.
Whilst you’ll be encouraged to expand and improve your skill set at MadeByPi, essential technical skills and experience needed for this role include:
- A solid understanding of OOP concepts and the Symfony PHP framework
- The ability to create, configure and maintain Linux webservers
- An understanding and appreciation of frontend technologies and frameworks (gulp, webpack etc)
- The ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- The ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and easy to understand way
- The ability to accurately estimate timescales for technical deliverables
- The ability to assist and contribute to the production & delivery of technical specification documents
Although not strictly essential for the role, if you possess any of the following criteria, it would give you a distinct advantage:
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Node, Express & React
- The ability to profile PHP web applications to identify and rectify performance bottlenecks
In return we offer:
- A welcoming team of passionate people who care about the standard of work they produce
- A generous learning and development budget
- Flexible working conditions
- A competitive salary based on experience and ability
- 25 days holiday per year, with an extra day awarded for each year of service up to 30 days
- Regular social events
- Comprehensive life insurance cover